This Historical Fachwerk Home was built by Adolph Kappleman Sr. in 1865. It is the only Fachwerk house in this part of the Hill Country. It is comprised of four rooms, one large bedroom, large living room, a small kitchen with eating room and a small bathroom with a footed tub and shower. The house also Features wood floors. It is built with Hand-Squared, Native Cedar Studs and Beams, all pegged in place and hand made bricks for filler. The bricks were baked in a Kiel on the ranch. The ranch was acquired by Herbert and Hulda Mayer in 1920 and in 1957 by James and Lillian Mayer. It is still a working farm today.
The home was restored to it's original way in 1999 by James and Lillian Mayer. It is furnished with many family heirlooms and antiques. The living room has a sleeper sofa, T.V., comfortable chairs and is decorated in burgundy and white. The bedroom has a queen size bed, antique dresser, chair and other antiques. It is decorated in pink and white. The bathroom has a footed tub and shower which is decorated in burgundy and navy. The kitchen area and eating area has a sink, small microwave and small refrigerator, an antique table and chairs and is decorated with in an apple motif and burlap curtains. The decor is very attractive. A Bar-BQ pit is available. Enjoy tranquility on the porch swing and country scenery with cattle in the fields. A quaint getaway to enjoy and relax.